- The main components of single stage traveling nut are (1) Transmission Shaft back cover (2)Stud (3)Gasket (4)O-type Ring (5)Stud (6)Gasket (7)Cover (8)Arm (9)Support Ring (10)Spindle (11)Socket Head Grub Screw (12) Socket Head Grub Screw (13)Hex Nut (14)Bearing (15)Handwheel (16)Key (17)Stud (18)Gasket (19)O-type Ring (20)Thrust (21) Socket Head Grub Screw (22) Transmission Shaft (23)Body (24) Guide Wheel Spacer (25) Guide Wheel Strut (26)Guide Wheel (27)Copper Nut (28) Socket Head Grub Screw (29)Bearing (30)O-type Ring (31)Nut (32) Socket Head Grub Screw (33) O-type Ring (34)Gasket (35)Stud (36)Indicator.
- The main components of double stage traveling nut are (1) Transmission Shaft back cover (2)Stud (3)Gasket (4)O-type Ring (5)Stud (6)Gasket (7)Cover (8)Arm (9) Support Ring (10)Spindle (11)Socket Head Grub Screw (12) Socket Head Grub Screw (13)Hex Nut (14)Bearing (15) Reduction Gearbox Body (16)Stud (17)Gasket (18) Reduction Gearbox Cover (19)Handwheel (20)Key (21)Stud (22)Gasket (23)Input Shaft (24)O-type Ring (25) O-type Ring (26)Retainer Ring (27)Copper Sleeve (28) O-type Ring (29) O-type Ring (30)Key (31)Thrust (32) Socket Head Grub Screw (33) Transmission Shaft (34)Body (35) Guide Wheel Spacer (36)Guide Wheel Strut (37)Guide Wheel (38)Copper Nut (39) Socket Head Grub Screw (40)Bearing (41) O-type Ring (42)Nut (43)Stud (44)Gasket (45)Intermediate Small Gear (46) Intermediate Shaft (47) Intermediate Big Gear (48)Key (49)Bearing (50)Pin (51)Output Gear (52)Bearing (53) Socket Head Grub Screw (54) O-type Ring (55)Gasket (56)Stud (57)Indicator
- Operation Principle of the Traveling Nut
- Operation Principle of single stage traveling nut
The active force makes displacement of (27)copper nut and (25)guide wheel through (22)transmission shaft drive to achieve 90 degree rotation of the (10)spindle.
- Operation Principle of double stage traveling nut
Based on the operation principle of single stage traveling nut, double stage traveling nut has two more pairs of gear(45)Intermediate Small Gear (46) Intermediate Shaft (47) Intermediate Big Gear(51)Output Gear to drive and increase the ratio thereby reducing the active force.
- Connecting structure with the stem
Driven by rotation of the inside spindle together with the valve and stem, the traveling nut can achieve opening and closing of the valve. Through connection of flange at the bottom of box body with valve stem to achieve a fixed condition between the valve and the traveling nut.
- Connection with the valve
- This device is installed as per following requirements. The traveling nut should be put in a horizontal state. This is good for lubrication, maintenance and manual operation.
- When installation, the required removing space should be reserved for maintenance and inspection.
- When installation, removal and commissioning, it should do no harm to the sealing.
- Turn the handwheel several circles to slightly open the valve then do the removal when needed.
- The valve and the traveling nut can be integrated or separated placed in the wooden case(s) that is suitable for transportation.
- The user should select proper tools and lifting equipment to transport the goods to
avoid damage during the process of transportation to the installation site.
3. It should be noted to handle with care to transport the wooden case without any
vibrations or violent motions.
- Inspection and positioning
- Inspect whether the position control of the traveling nut is already in place.
The position control of “Open” and “Close” is toned when in the factory. To prevent displace of the position control caused by factors like vibration, etc during transportation, it is needed to check the operation situation by field conducting three complete Open-Close-Open movement.
- Appearance check
Check all painted surfaces. The damaged part should be cleaned up and use the original color to repainting.
If it will not be connected with the valve immediately, the traveling nut should be stored in a dry and anti-moisture place until it is ready for installation.